PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION: - Responsible for setting up displays for advertised items as well as using plan-o-gram to merchandise assigned to area by displaying products on gondolas, H-frames, shelves, floors, displays and/or end caps while using various machines and lifts.
- Assists partners in assigned area with merchandise replenishment as needed.
- Trains store personnel in all areas of sales, product knowledge, and customer service per company policy and sales training programs.
- Works with Store Manager, vendors and buyers concerning merchandise replenishment problems.
- Ensure that merchandise in assigned area has been properly "signed" with the correct information concerning each product.
- Provides courteous service to all customers by offering friendly greeting, determines needs, demonstrates or explains product, and provides physical assistance with large or heavy merchandise as requested by customer.
- Visits competition and completes Competitive Shopping Report.
- Opens and closes store as assigned.
- With Assistant manager, continually evaluates all sales partners in assigned area, and assists in the formal annual performance appraisal.
- Maintains safety and security procedures for both partners and customers according to company policies and procedures.
- Reviews, sets and maintains standards for displays, in-stock items, pricing, marking and merchandise inventory for assigned area with the Assistant Manager.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Ensures daily housekeeping standards are met.
- Follows defective merchandise procedures as outlined in company policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation and taking of the physical inventory by organizing, counting and verifying quantities of merchandise.
- Operates cash register as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.