PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Assumes full responsibility for all functions of the store in Store Manager’s absence.
- Assists Store Manager in hiring and firing of store personnel according to company policy.
- Responsible, along with Store manager, for pre-employment criminal background investigation and drug testing.
- Opens and closes the store according to company policy and procedure.
- Trains sales personnel in all areas of sales, product knowledge, and customer services per company policy and sales training programs.
- Trains new hires in company training programs.
- Plans weekly work schedules to provide coverage within payroll dollars including coordinating part-time work schedules.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of banners and signs.
- Completes price changes and insures accurate and timely completion of reports.
- Provides courteous service to all customers by offering friendly greeting, determines needs, demonstrates or explains product, and provides physical assistance with large or heavy merchandise as requested by customer.
- Implements current replenishment system to ensure an in-stock position, maximizing sales and turnover, and inventory levels stays within planned dollar amounts. Maintains the order manual and replenishment.
- Ensures partners that report to him/her have yearly evaluations completed on time.
- Reviews financial and merchandise reports with each Area Supervisor to develop an action plan for their assigned areas.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Handles all customer complaints and avoid customer dissatisfaction.
- Controls and proofs comics and ROP ads.
- Reviews competitive shops for accuracy and completeness prior to submitting to District Manager.
- Utilizes Income Statement, Journal Reports and misc. financial statements and reports.
- Monitors and controls discount, price changes, and damage write off activity to protect store margin and shrink.
- Reviews that proper ordering is done in store via current replenishment systems in regard to both past history as well as planned events.
- Monitors and controls front-end and receiving functions through mini-audits.
- Reviews with Assistant Manager the implementation of the replenishment system, order manual and count pack.
* Controls company pricing philosophy by monitoring and maintaining competitive pricing, changes in advertising, merchandising, competitive visits, variance pricing, and review with District Manager.
- Calls District Manager to investigate and rectify problems that occur in the store.
- Recommends to District Manager particular product selection and space allocation.
- Responsible for the overall housekeeping, safety and security of store.
- Fill out and files all insurance reports, OSHA record keeping and reviews monthly insurance claim activity.
- Insures that company assets are protected through proper compliance of security, credit, financial, safety, audit and other control procedures.
- Reviews maintenance/compliance of company guidelines as it pertains to defective merchandise procedure, open and closed order files.
- Reviews and monitors material handling activity within the store to insure that activity is being performed in such a manner to protect margin and prevent branch losses.
- Communicates pertinent competitive and geographical changes within the store market to District Manager.
- Monitors customer counts and average dollar transactions. Review and discuss appropriate action with District Manager.
- Lowers shrink by monitoring and controlling all cash/sales transaction activity and all receiving activity by carefully supervising both functions.
- Operates a register as needed.
- Assists partners with merchandise replenishment as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned by District Manager.